When you’re looking for something crunchy and.. different, try cooking these courgette flower fritters.
First time I tried them I was reluctant, I have to admit. They’re literally, zucchini flowers deep fried in hot oil.
The culinary outcome, however, is amazing. These deep fried courgette flowers are so delicious, I’m sorry I only find them at the supermarket when the season is in peak.
They’re great as appetizers but they’re great to serve next to a fresh salad as well.
Try them, they’re so delicious you’re gonna want to eat them all!
Here’s how to make zucchini flower fritters.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 10 zucchini flowers
- 1 cup mineral water (cold from the refrigerator)
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- First, prepare the batter by mixing the cold mineral water with flour and some salt.
- Dip the zucchini flowers, one at a time, in the batter. Coat well on all sides.
- Heat up the vegetable oil and, when it starts to fizzle, deep fry the zucchini flowers, a couple at a time.
- Drain the excess oil from your fritters and serve.