Homemade waffles are delicious!
I’ve only been making them from scratch for a little while. The recipe is so easy though, it feels like cheating if I have to look at the list of ingredients!
You can buy waffles at the supermarket, but those you make yourself are much better!
First of all, they’re healthier. You know exactly what you put in them, so you’re sure you’re not eating unpronounceable ‘crap’.
Second, they’re much cheaper to make at home. You only need few ingredients and none of them is even slightly expensive.
You will need to invest in a waffle maker though. But it’s worth it. They’re also quite cheap, so your budget won’t suffer from it.
See how you can make waffles at home, using this quick and easy recipe.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 10 ounce white flour (300 gr.)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk (400 ml.)
- 6 teaspoons vegetable oil
- a pinch salt
- First, plug in your waffle maker (so it can heat up while you prep the waffle dough)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl: flour, baking powder, pinch of salt, eggs, milk, oil. You can either use a whisk to mix the ingredients, or a hand mixer.
- Using a ladle, pour the liquid dough into the preheated waffle maker.
- Let each pair of waffles 'bake' for 2-3 minutes, until brown.
As you may have noticed, this recipe doesn't contain any sugar.
You can serve your waffles with honey, maple syrup, fruit and powdered sugar, as well as salami, prosciutto or other salted ingredients.