Have you ever whipped up a quick meal with whatever you had left in the pantry?
Bell Peppers and Mushrooms Saute qualifies as such a meal!
At least, this version is. I’ve literally cooked it on a whim, using bell peppers that have been sitting in the fridge for a couple of days, and some canned mushrooms I forgot I even had!
Turns out, you don’t need any fancy ingredients to cook a great meal.
Every once in a while, it helps to actually do a pantry inventory and see what you can come up with in terms of healthy meals.
Here’s how to prepare a quick and easy bell pepper and mushroom saute.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
- 2 cups mushrooms (400 gr.)
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (250 ml.)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Using a large skillet, fry the chopped garlic & bell pepper for a couple of minutes in olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms on top and add the butter as well.
- Let everything fry for about 7-8 minutes, then add the chopped parsley and tomato sauce.
- Let the food cook for about 10 more minutes, add salt and pepper to taste and serve!