Wondering how pizza bites or mini pizzas are made?
There’s nothing easier! Pizza bites are best made with pizza dough, but in case you’re in a hurry, a couple of puff pastry dough (store bought) will do the trick!
These mini pizzas are great to serve as appetizers.
You’ll need a muffin tray to prep these, but if you don’t have one you can just as easily place the pizza bites in a standard oven tray, coated with baking paper.
Since this is such a quick and easy recipe, it’s perfect for prepping anytime unexpected guests come over.
Pizza bites also work in case of an emergency. Like, say, you forgot you were responsible with bringing the snacks for movie night!
The ingredients I used to prep these mini pizzas were simply ‘lying there’, in the fridge.
Instead of prosciutto, you can use salami. Or mushrooms. Or nothing at all!
Same goes for the cheese. I used Parmesan this time, but I’m also a big fan of mozzarella or Gorgonzola cheese (de-li-cious!)
If you don’t have the same ingredients as I used to prepare these pizza bites, don’t panic, just use whatever you have available.
Here’s how to prepare quick and easy mini pizzas, from scratch!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 2 rolls puff pastry
- 10 tablespoons tomato sauce
- few slices prosciutto (or salami or anything you might want to add on your pizzas)
- few tablespoons grated cheese (I used Parmesan Cheese, but mozzarella or other cheeses work as well)
- 12 olives
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- First, grease your muffin tray with just a little bit of oil (so your mini pizzas won't stick to it).
- Using a large glass, cut 12 puff pastry circles, after you've rolled out your dough.
- Place each circle in your muffin tray.
- Mix tomato sauce with extra virgin olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon of this sauce on each pizza bite.
- On top, place little slices of prosciutto.
- Sprinkle with cheese...
- ... and add an olive on top of each mini pizza.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, at 350°F (180°C) or until brown.
- Carefully remove them from your muffin tray (puff pastry dough is quite fragile).