Call them pancakes, call them crepes, they’re usually served sweet.
Well, what if you prepared some meat filled crepes for a change?
They’re delicious and really easy to make!
The crepes I prepare using this basic crepe recipe. It’s easy, it’s fast, so it’s just perfect! (remember not to add sugar if you’re planning to fill the crepes with meat).
As far as the meat filling goes, you can ‘experiment’ using various ingredients.
My favorite combination is ground pork meat with mushrooms, carrots and parsley. It’s a great combination of ingredients to obtain a delicious (and easy to make) meat filling.
Of course, you can add or substitute ingredients to your liking.
You could use beef instead of pork. Or not use meat at all.
Instead of (or in addition to) the carrots, you could use peeled tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini or any other veggies you think might be fit.
Mushrooms, on the other hand, are irreplaceable.
I’m just kidding! You can either avoid them or add something else entirely into the mix.
Here’s how to make meat filled crepes
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 15 crepes (basic crepe recipe)
- 1 pound ground meat (500 gr.)
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 1 can mushrooms (you can use fresh or frozen as well)
- a couple tablespoons olive oil
- parsley (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- few tablespoons sour cream
- some butter
- Finely chop the carrot and fry it in olive oil, together with the mushrooms.
- Add the ground meat and fry until meat changes color.
- Transfer everything into a large bowl, add 1 egg and parsley to taste.
- Mix well and add a couple tablespoons of this filling on each crepe.
- Roll the crepes one by one and place them into a heat resistant tray. Add layers on top of each other, if your pancakes won't all fit otherwise.
- Add some butter on top + a mixture or sour cream and the remaining egg (this will form a nice crust on top).
- Bake your pancakes at 350°F (180°C) for 20-30 minutes, until brown.