There are many ways to prepare a meal based on vegetables, but this homemade vegetable stew recipe is so quick and easy, you’re gonna want to bookmark it!
Vegetables are healthy and we should eat them on a daily basis. However, we all live busy lives and sometimes, integrating the right fruits and veggies into our diet is difficult.
With this vegetable stew recipe though, you’ll be able to get your dose of daily veggies and want seconds too!
It’s so easy to prepare, and it takes less than 1 hour until it’s ready and on your plate.
Here’s how I prepare vegetable stew each time I crave something healthy, but quick:
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30-40 minutes|
- 1 eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 5-6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- sweet paprika (optional)
- tarragon (optional)
- First, prep all vegetables:
- peel and cut the eggplant into cubes
- peel and cut the zucchini into cubes
- peel and grate the carrots
- peel and chop the onion finely
- wash and cut the bell pepper into cubes
- In a large enough saucepan or pot, fry the finely chopped onion for about half a minute. Add the rest of the veggies as well and fry them for a few minutes, until you notice them become softer.
- Add water over the veggies, to cover them. Add your spices now as well.
- Let the vegetable stew cook for 30 to 40 minutes, with the lid on, on a small flame. Check on them every once in a while just to make sure there's still enough water for them to cook. If necessary, add some more.
- The stew is ready when all vegetables become extra soft and somewhat mushy. Serve alongside a chicken cutlet or grilled meat.
If you have other vegetables in your pantry, feel free to add them to the recipe as well, or replace some of the veggies I used in mine.
Usually, I aim to have at least 5 vegetables to prepare the stew, but the recipe is just as tasty with less.
Tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli are great additions to your vegetable stew!