Chocolate. Apricot. Cake.
It’s so good it melts in your mouth.
Good news is, this chocolate apricot cake is also really easy to prepare!
You only need few ingredients and less than a couple free hours, tops!
This cake tastes similar to the traditional pound cake you’re probably familiar with. The difference is, this one is more chocolaty and… well.. yummier!
I used apricots to prepare it, but you can replace them with peaches or orange slices or any other juicy fruit you have available.
Here’s how to prepare chocolate apricot cake from scratch:
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 7 ounces dark chocolate (200 gr. )
- 1/2 cup milk (100 ml.)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (250 gr.)
- 1/2 cup butter (125 gr.)
- 1 cup flour (250 gr.)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (16 gr.)
- few apricots
- powdered sugar (optional)
- First, melt the chocolate and milk, together, in the same recipient. Let the chocolate cool down.
- Using the hand mixer, mix the butter with half a cup of sugar, for at least 4-5 minutes, then add the melted chocolate and mix everything well.
- Separately, beat the eggs with the other half of cup of sugar (using the hand mixer), again, for about 5 minutes.
- Mix together the eggs and chocolate butter obtained earlier.
- Now, add the flour and baking powder, mix again.
- Coat a cake tin with baking paper and pour the liquid dough. Add slices of apricot on top.
- Bake your cake for about 45 minutes, at 350°F (180°C).
- When your cake cools down, sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Use a toothpick to make sure your cake is ready.
The upper part could look 'ready / brown', but make sure the cake is baked even before taking it out.
It really does take about 45 minutes, so don't worry, it won't burn.