Cheesy pasta with broccoli is an incredibly quick and easy meal to prepare!
Whether or not you enjoy your broccoli, this dish is perfect for adding it into your diet!
Broccoli is a very healthy vegetable but, let’s face it, not everyone is a big fan of its taste..
(if you’re not a fan of pasta either, you can try this cauliflower and broccoli casserole)
Preparing a pasta dish with broccoli as the main ‘star’ though, could actually get even the most picky eater to enjoy the green vegetable!
What’s the secret?
Shh! Don’t tell anyone, but cheese and garlic always do the trick!
Here’s how to prepare cheesy pasta with broccoli
- Wash the broccoli and divide it into florets. Boil it in salted water for about 5 minutes.
- At the same time but in a separate pot, boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package (it's usually done after 7-8 minutes).
- While the pasta still cooks, start frying the broccoli in the olive oil, together with 1 chopped clove of garlic.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and add it to your broccoli.
- Add the rest of the garlic, chopped, and salt to taste. Let everything cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly (so the pasta and broccoli won't stick to the pan and burn).
- After a few minutes, remove your pasta from the flame, add grated cheese (as much as you like, I usually add a few tablespoons of grated cheese) and mix well so the cheese melts evenly. Enjoy!