Baked polenta sticks are a great alternative to serving a classic polenta dish.
A quick and easy recipe yummy for the whole family!
This quick and easy polenta recipe is quite a popular dish in Italy. Northern and Central Italy are very well known for the boiled cornmeal dish!
The ‘classic’ way to serve polenta is either as porridge or as a baked loaf, usually with much grated cheese on top.
This version isn’t all that different from the latter.
Baked polenta sticks are great to serve as a snack, as an appetizer or even as an interesting side dish.
Here’show to prepare baked polenta sticks:
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- First, cook the polenta: mix raw polenta with water, bring to a boil and stir regularly until cooked.
- Take the polenta off the flame and add some grated Parmesan into the mix.
- Now, spread the polenta on a surface (the kitchen table) using a rolling pin and let it cool.
- After the polenta cooled down, cut it in sticks.
- Place the polenta sticks on a tray on a baking sheet and sprinkle grated Parmesan on top.
- Bake the polenta sticks in the oven, at 350°F (180°C) for 15 - 20 minutes.