If you have some extra veggies in your fridge or freezer, try this baked pasta with vegetables recipe!
It’s great for when you have no idea what to cook and have some vegetables you’re probably going to throw away soon.
This frugal recipe is the perfect approach for anyone who wants to avoid food waste!
It’s quick and easy to make, and it’s quite healthy because of all the vegetables. The perfect way to eat a good meal and benefit from adding veggies into your diet.
Here’s how to cook bakes pasta with vegetables:
- pasta (about 7 oz. or 200 grams)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 small can mushrooms
- some broccoli
- cheese (Salted cheese. Grated)
- 1 small glass tomato sauce
- a few tablespoons breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- First: Bring the macaroni to boil and cook according to the instructions on your package.
- Second: finely chop he onion, cut the bell pepper into strips, drain the mushrooms and divide the broccoli into small bouquets.
- Now, fry the chopped onion in olive oil, then add the rest of the veggies and fry them for about 10 minutes or so, until brown.
- Add the tomato sauce on the veggies and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Now, since the pasta is probably done by now, drain it well and add it to your veggies.
- Add some grated cheese and mix well.
- Now, take a heat resistant tray and grease it with some butter on the inside, then cover it with breadcrumbs.
- Transfer everything into the heat-resistant tray.
- Mix some breadcrumbs with grated cheese and add a layer of this mix on top of your pasta.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, at 350°F (180°C), until the crust on top becomes brown.
The vegetables I used to make this recipe were based on what I actually found in my fridge at the time. Any other vegetables are just as OK to prepare this baked pasta.