Bacon wrapped baked asparagus is perfect for preparing a quick and easy dinner!
It takes little time to prepare everything, and food will be ready and in your plates is less than half an hour.
When cooking asparagus, it’s easy to either overcook it or, sometimes, under cook it. By baking it though, you make sure the asparagus you’re serving your family or guests is just right. And delicious!
Here’s how to prepare bacon wrapped baked asparagus:
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- a few slices bacon
- a few tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
- olive oil (extra virgin)
- First, prep the asparagus for cooking: trim the ends (the rigid part) and bring the asparagus to boil or steam it for about 3 to 5 minutes, until it begins to soften.
- Now, wrap 3 asparagus in 1 slice of bacon: place 2 asparagus spears at each end of the bacon slice...
- ... place 1 asparagus spear in the middle and just roll the first 2 toward the one in the middle.
- Place each bacon wrapping into a heat resistant tray, greased with some butter or oil.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs & cheese on top, then sprinkle some olive oil as well.
- Bake at at 350°F (180°C) for about 15 minutes (until brown).