I’ve been on this “ride” for more than two months now and, if there’s anything I can say about adopting a healthy diet, it’s this: you have to have balance and diversity. Otherwise you’re just going to get bored.
Eating chicken everyday is not that great. You eventually will want to eat something else, I know that for a fact. Besides, diversity is fun!
Fish is a healthy type of meat. But you know that already.
Fish is easier to digest (compared to other meats), it’s a great source of protein, it builds muscle and it’s really good for the brain (so they say…).
Personally, I prefer salmon, tuna fish or – the one I like the most – hake.
For this recipe I used hake. Here’s the recipe:
- fish – 7 ounces (200 grams)
- asparagus – 3 or 4 ounces (100 grams)
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- half of a lemon
- salt and other spices
- 1 teaspoon of oil
How to cook:
- Grill the fish.
- Boil the asparagus in water with a pinch of salt and the olive oil.
- That’s about it. Place the asparagus, cherry tomatoes and fish on your plate and squeeze the lemon on top of the fish.
This is such an easy to prepare recipe! And it’s good too.
You have very few calories in there, about 200. You have your daily veggies, protein and – most important – a good healthy dinner! Or lunch, if you prefer.
- add other veggies to the plate too: cucumber, green beans, some baby carrots. It’ll make it more colorful and tastier.