When you’re trying to lose weight and need to eat healthy foods all the time, it’s a bit hard to face all those fast food cravings. One of my favorite fast-food items is chicken nuggets. I love them, I could eat an entire bucket of nuggets and ask for more.
Well, since I know how bad fast food is, I decided to try and make some chicken nuggets at home. I looked up some recipes and in the end I decided to stick to what I have in the fridge and give it a try.
Here’s what you need, for 2 servings:
- chicken breast (no skin, no bones) – 1 piece (less than 1 pound)
- bread crumbs – one small cup
- grated cheese – 1/2 small cup
- melted butter
- salt, pepper and other spices of your choice
How to prepare the chicken nuggets:
- In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, grated cheese and all the seasonings. Put the melted butter in another bowl.
- Cut the chicken in small cubes (as small as you like)
- Dip the chicken in butter first, then cover it in the bread crumbs mixture and place each piece of chicken on a tray (I use baking paper but you can grease the tray a bit with a bit of oil or cooking spray)
- Bake the nuggets in the oven for a few minutes (10-15, depending on how fast they cook)
- Done! You can now add some lettuce and cherry tomatoes like I did, and you have a nice lunch or dinner under 400 calorie lunch.
See? You can cook fast food in your home and it’s healthier, tastier and without all the additives or whatever fast food places add to your food.
- You can add all sorts of veggies on your plate: green beans, broccoli, asparagus or just some plain vegetable salad. Veggies are important too 😉
- The nuggets go very well with some garlic sauce. You can find the recipe here, low calorie and finger licking good.