Eating healthy is very important, I can’t stress that enough. It’s not only important for your health in general, but also for your diet if you want to lose some weight.
Today, I’ll try to explain how to cook an easy recipe, low calorie and yummy. Because in the end, you have to like what you eat to be able to stick to a healthy diet.
Chicken and green beans recipe
For one serving, you need:
- chicken breast – 3.5 – 4 ounce (100 grams) – about 150 calories
- green beans – 5 ounce (150 grams) – about 50 calories
- olive oil – 1 spoon – about 120 calories
- spices – salt, pepper, dill – very few calories
- broth – 1 ladle – calories vary depending on which type you use
How to cook it:
- Boil the green beans in water with a pinch of salt.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken breast in small pieces and place it in a bowl. Add the spices (you can add other spices or add only some pepper and dill, the choice is up to you) and the olive oil and stir the chicken so that the spices and oil stick to it. Let it sit until the green beans are done.
- In a dry cooker pan, add the chicken first, then add the green beans and then add a ladle of broth (vegetable broth, chicken broth – the choice is all yours).
- Cover the dry cooker and let everything sit there on the fire for 10-15 minutes. I usually wash the dishes while I wait, it saves time and – it burns around 30 calories, not a lot but it’s still a calorie loss.
Some extra tips:
- instead of adding sour cream, which I like a lot, I prefer to add a bit of yogurt instead
- you can eat this without any bread. Bread adds some extra calories, as you well know it (two slices of bread have over 150 calories in total) but if you really want to eat bread, you can choose to either toast it or go for the whole grain bread.
It’s delicious! Now to mention is has under 400 calories and it’s healthy.
You have your protein, some fiber and some carbs. You also have some fat, which is actually GOOD for your diet (I’ll explain it later).