I bet that most overweight people have a sweet tooth. I, for one, could eat a big slice of chocolate cake and ask for more! But that’s not OK and it’s certainly something I had to give up in order to have a healthy lifestyle.
That doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a yummy, healthy dessert anyway!
Desserts don’t necessarily have to be covered in chocolate or whipped cream. In fact, it’s better if they aren’t.
One of the desserts I recently discovered is based on mascarpone cheese. It’s the cheese you use to make Tiramisu Cake so you already know it’s yummy, right?
Well, mascarpone cheese by itself is not that great, but instead of adding sugar to it, you can add fruit! Healthy, tasty and – if you’re careful – low calorie.
- mascarpone cheese – 9 ounce (250 gr.) – about 375 calories
- 1 banana – 3 ounce (80 gr.) – 70 calories
- 2 kiwis – 4 ounce (120 gr) – 75 calories
- (optional) honey
How to prepare the dessert:
- Peel the banana and kiwis.
- Put the mascarpone cheese and the fruits in a blender and mix.
- Add honey if you feel it’s necessary, to sweeten it up a notch.
There you have it! Easy to prepare, tasty, healthy dessert.
I used the exact same quantities above, but the amount of calories and nutrients will vary, depending on what type of mascarpone cheese you use, how big the banana is or how much do your 2 kiwis weight. It’s all math 😛
My “final product” has 4 servings, each has 275 calories. I added a teaspoon of honey in mine, so that makes it a 300 calorie dessert.
Sounds better than a 1000 calorie big piece of cake, right?
- you don’t have to use bananas and kiwis, you can use other fruits (I used those 2 because they were the only fruits in the house at the time)
- you can also use sweetener instead of honey. I prefer honey because I like it more, you go ahead and sweeten it to your own taste 😉
- add cinnamon or other spices to your taste to make the dessert taste better.